The hospitality industry is worldwide, with endless career potential for students at all levels. Students will learn how to maximize their capacity for a successful career.
Enrolled students will:
- Understand the structure and operational challenges of various aspects of the hospitality industry.
- Discern and be able to apply high quality standards as they apply to guest service and employee support and motivation.
- Recognize quality standards as they apply to lodging and food service businesses.
- Demonstrate supervisory level management skills appropriate to the industry needs.
- Apply managerial accounting principles to various industry situations.
- Utilize appropriate written and oral communication skills for business applications.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in information technology skills appropriate to the industry.
- Exhibit a professional appearance consistent with career expectations.
If you are looking for management careers with hotel companies, restaurant chains, tourist attractions, recreation facilities, clubs, casinos and convention facilities as well as opportunities with supplier and support services to the industry, are interested in entrepreneurial endeavors, or are interested in transferring to another career in the business world, the College offers both a Certificate in Hospitality Operations and an AAS Degree in Hospitality Management.
Gainful Employment Outlook and Costs for Certificate Program
Find out what the job outlook is in a particular field after completion of a certificate program. Determine the costs associated for NFCI certificate programs. Cost information is available on tuition/fees, books and on-campus housing.
View information for Hospitality Operations
Every Course Matters.
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Hotel Operations I
- Hotel Operations II
- Conventions and Meetings Management
- Hospitality Management Seminar
* For full degree and certificate requirements, please visit the course catalog.